Review of Kopar @ Newton

Review of Kopar @ Newton

by Jeremy | May 25, 2020

About

Kopar at Newton Condo is an upcoming residential project that is located in District 9, Core Central Region. In January 2019, Chip Eng Seng’s CEL Development paid $418.8 million ($1,192 psf per plot ratio or ppr) for the 125,326 sq ft, 99-year leasehold site for the development of Kopar. The residential site sits along Kampong Java Road, just off Bukit Timah Road.

While the plot ratio and maximum gross floor area for the site allows for a 438-unit condominium development, the developer decided to build just 378 units as they chose to build fewer units with bigger average sizes.

Location

It is in the Newton Planning area which hosts some of the most luxurious homes in Singapore. The development is in a highly sought after area as it enjoys great accessibility as well as its close proximity to many amenities.

It’s site is bounded by Kampong Java Road, Bukit Timah Road and Makeway Avenue and is just next to Newton Circus.

Amenities Nearby

  • Newton Circus Food Centre
  • United Square
  • Novena Medical Hub
  • Orchard Road Shopping Belt
  • KK Hospital

Schools Nearby

  • ACS Junior School
  • ACS Barker
  • SJI Junior
  • St Margaret’s Primary
  • SCG Primary
  • Farrer Park Primary
  • LaSalle College of Arts

My Review

Likes

  • Rare size-able land in District 9
  • Mins walk to Newton MRT Station & Interchange
  • Mins walk to Food Centre
  • Amenities within a short drive away
  • Reputable Developer
  • Impressive landscape & facilities

Dislikes

  • Potential road noise for those facing Newton flyover & Bukit Timah Road
  • No notable shopping centre within 500m
  • Maintenance fees

My 2 cents

Given its procurement of the land at a reasonable bid, this translates to developer pricing the launch sensitively in a already competitive market & amidst the Covid19 situation. A product of this quality and design priced at average of $2350 psf is rare opportunity, especially in its location of District 9. I like how they dedicate 30% to living spaces while the rest of the 70% is on landscaping. A copper clad living sanctuary right here in the heart of Newton. Here’s a chance to own a property in District 9 that offers efficient layouts and competitive pricing. Definitely a development to consider if you are looking to stay as their 3 & 4 bedders are priced attractively from $21xx psf. However, bear in mind to select the inner and pool facing units.

If you are looking for investment, the 1 and 2 bedders starts from $1.232m and $1.507m respectively, on the average, its around $23xx-$24xx psf. Comparing a nearby similar sized development but yet older, like Park Infinia, 2 bedrooms rental average at $4500 pm. Very decent returns for the area and given the proximity of Kopar to Newton MRT station & the CBD area, this new development is set to attract genuine interest from discerning tenants when it is ready for occupation.

Click to view Kopar Virtual Tour

Kopar 2 Bedroom Deluxe (689 sqft)

Kopar 3 Bedroom Deluxe (1055 sqft)

Kopar 5 Bedroom (1819 sqft)

Kopar Presentation by CEO